Just my musings about life, quilting, my family and my dog.

Monday, February 11, 2013

Design Wall Monday 2/11/13



This is my version of Bonnie Hunter's Easy Street.  It's much further along than in this picture but I have it all laid out getting borders measured and there is no good picture-taking light over that table.  Anyone else have this problem??

I elected to go with a straight set instead of the on-point setting because I like the strong diagonal lines that the pinks give.  Whew - that's a lot of pink for me.  I'm the only girl in the house, we don't count Izzy, and there is often debate if we should count me!  I am way more comfortable in jeans and a t-shirt than in pink girly things.  But I am liking it and I am sure that if I don't keep it someone somewhere will swoon over all the pink.

Hop over to Judy's blog to see what other talented designers are up to.


Chris



10 comments:

  1. Just in time for Valentine's Day! Beautiful Hope to see the boarders on this. I have not decided on what boarder to use, please share

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your color choices! It's looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I prefer the straight set too...I also didn't care for the plain green squares in the block centers (the one with the purple flying geese)so I added purple wings to them (like we did with the aqua squares in the other block)...really adds more movement. I was really torn whether to use pink or green...finally decided on using green because my husband would never have used the quilt if it had all that pink. Really think yours looks great in pink. Patty E

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Patty.
      I would love to see yours. Do you have a blog? Also, you're anonymous so I can't reply to your email. :-(

      Delete
  4. Love your bubble-gum and blue ice colorway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! It is fun to see one that is so different.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, very nice... love these colors and the straight set too! You're right about the strong pink/red diagonals... great job!


    PS - I love pink!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have seen quite a few of the onpoint sets but you are the first straight set. I really like that diagonal pink. nice job, My BFF made one and I know how BIG this is.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was nominated for the Liebster award and decided to pass it along to you. Have fun with it! http://carpelanam.blogspot.com/2013/02/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I stopped by from Carpe Lanam. I LOVE your colors! I'm making Easy Street in Christmas fabrics. It's such fun to see how different this quilt looks in different colorways :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, So glad you stopped by. Please leave me a comment, I love to hear from you but, due to spam, I am no longer able to allow anonymous comments. Sorry.